Created by Nabz&G for the Beat Diabetes initiative’s Homey’s Guide to Healthy Recipes
Serves 6 -8 people
Prep Time 40 minutes
- 2 medium sized eggplants
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1tbs tahini
- ½ kg Greek yoghurt (you can reduce or add yogurt
- According to your preference. We like our mutabbal with
- extra yogurt)
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp cumin
- 1 medium tomato cut into small cubes
- ½ lemon juice
- 3tbs olive oil
- Parsley and pomegranate for garnish
- In a bowl, mix the Greek yoghurt, tomatoes, garlic tahini, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Drizzle the eggplants with olive oil, cover with foil paper and place on a baking tray. Bake for 45 minutes -1 hour until the eggplant is soft inside.
- Allow the eggplant to cool down and peel off the skin. Remove the top part of the eggplant and keep the pulp on the side.
- Mash the eggplant pulp and add to the bowl mixture consisting of (garlic, Greek yoghurt, tomatoes, tahini, lemon juice and salt). Mix well
- Once done, place the mutabbal in a serving plate. Drizzle some olive oil and garnish with parsley and pomegranate.