Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc, a new ‘Palace’ in France
Dubai, UAE; August 1, 2016: On 22 July, one of the Middle East’s most popular destinations in the South of France-the mythical Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc was awarded the prestigious ‘Palace distinction’.
A source of pride for this 5 star hotel, a jewel of the Oetker Collection, recognised for its exceptional characteristics and qualities.
The ‘Place distinction’ was created in November 2010 to bring out the value of exceptional hotels embodying excellence specific to France. From among the country’s 5 star establishments, it distinguishes those with a geographical location, historical, aesthetic and/or heritage interest and customised service that place them among the jewels of the French hotel industry. It also brings these establishments to the fore on an international level and contributes to the spread of French culture, as well as the attractiveness of France as a destination.
This distinction is awarded by the Tourism Minister, for a period of five years, at the end of two phases: a 1st phase for the examination of candidate files by Atout France, in charge of tourism development in France, followed by a 2nd phase of analysis including visits and hearings of the establishments, carried out by a commission consisting of personalities from the world of letters, arts, culture, media and business, appointed by the Tourism Minister.
Following the latest deliberation meeting of the Palace Commission, Matthias Fekl, Secretary of State for Foreign Trade, Tourism Promotion and French Citizens Abroad, and Martine Pinville, Secretary of State for Trade, Crafts, Consumer Affairs and the Social and Solidarity Economy, awarded the ‘Palace distinction’ to the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc. This decision now takes the number of exceptional hotels in France to 19, five of which are in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region.
This award is the result of a strong commitment from all the teams, along with the ambitious renovation programme that Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc undertook between 2008 and 2015, in particular the restoration of all 117 rooms, including Villa Les Cèdres and the Eden-Roc Suite, the construction of Villa Eleana in 2010 and the renovation of the Eden-Roc restaurant, La Rotonde piano-bar and the Spa Eden-Roc Sisley. New spaces have also been created, such as the Eden-Roc Champagne Lounge and the Juice & Ice Cream Bar in 2014.
Philippe Perd, Managing Director, expresses his great pride at receiving this award and praises the loyalty and effort of his teams, “men and women of real experience, entirely dedicated to our guests, who through their constant attentiveness make their stay unforgettable”.
Oetker Collection can now boast two of the most prestigious hotels in France, Le Bristol Paris, which received the award in 2011 and, as of this year, Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc.
ABOUT OETKER COLLECTION
Oetker Collection is one of the most inspiring selections of masterpiece hotels in the world. The name ‘masterpiece hotels’ includes a pledge; a commitment to provide service of the highest quality, every hour of every day. The pearl as a symbol combines singularity, beauty and quality. The individual pearls bind together to form a unique string of pearls.
Each property is one-of-a-kind, reflecting the unique European heritage and sharing the highest levels of service internationally with exceptional and historic architecture & interiors combining with great attention to detail.
Oetker Collection embraces ten luxury hotels:
- L’Apogée Courchevel – a luxury chalet with a warm and family atmosphere offering the most desirable skiing experience at the top of Courchevel 1850 in the French
- Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa – an iconic grand hotel, amidst a sprawling private park in Baden-Baden, The historic Villa Stéphanie now offers Europe’s most refined and innovative spa experience.
- Le Bristol Paris – an authentic vibrant French palace completely refurbished, the ultimate reference for Parisian art-de-vivre, ideally located on the prestigious rue du Faubourg Saint- Honoré.
- Château Saint-Martin & Spa – a romantic property of excellence nestled in the heart of French Riviera, boasting breathtaking views over the Mediterranean
- Eden Rock – St Barths – a luxurious retreat in St Barths built on a rocky promontory, surrounded by white sandy beaches, and turquoise sea; French art-de-vivre in the heart of the
- Fregate Island Private – a jewel of conservation featuring lush forest, wild fauna, and overlooking the crystal waters of the Unique on the Planet.
- Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc – a legendary luxury hotel at the centre of a scenic private park, where old-world glamour meets modern luxury at the tip of the Cap d’Antibes.
- The Lanesborough – classically British service in a remarkably vibrant and elegant London
- Palais Namaskar – a peaceful oasis with contemporary and sophisticated design set in the Palmeraie, the most exclusive residential area in
- Palácio Tangará – with an exceptional location in the heart of a tropical park, Palácio Tangará São Paulo will open its doors in the spring
More information: www.oetkercollection.com