THE NEW 2018 RANGE ROVER SPORT
TO BE REVEALED AT DUBAI MOTOR SHOW
- The new 2018 Range Rover Sport will make its debut in the Middle East at the 2017 Dubai International Motor Show.
- Latest consumer technology to tackle all life’s obstacles with Touch Pro Duo infotainment system, your twin high-definition touchscreen digital butler
- Customers can choose from clean Ingenium four-cylinder* 2.0 Litre Petrol turbo engine (currently available for the GCC), a supercharged V6 and supercharged V8 petrol engine as well
- New flagship 575PS Range Rover Sport SVR completes 0-100kmph sprint in only 4.5 sec (0-60mph in 4.3 seconds)
- Range Rover Sport’s exterior design enhanced to underline its dynamic character
- Available to order from Land Rover retailers now Customers should visit www.landrover-me.com for more information
Dubai, UAE, 4 October 2017 – The new Range Rover Sport is transformed by technology, delivering efficiency, capability and performance like never before. The new Range Rover Sport will be making its motor show debut and appearing for the first time in the Middle East at the Dubai International Motor Show on November 14, 2017.
Every Range Rover Sport has an enhanced design and features new consumer technology. The flagship Range Rover SVR now delivers 575PS, making it the fastest Range Rover to date. This is an SUV driven to another level of dynamic capability, with breadth of appeal and desirability like no other.
The British-designed, engineered and built Range Rover Sport has sold more than 732,000 since it was introduced in 2004. Its unrivalled mix of refinement and exhilarating performance has starred on TV and in movies around the world.
“When we started the design process with this new Range Rover Sport, it was important that we maintained its sporting prowess while evolving the exterior design. The addition of design-enabled technologies, such as our new infotainment system and the LED headlights demonstrate our drive towards ever greater desirability for the customer.”
Gerry McGovern, Chief Design Officer, Land Rover
In 2018, the exterior has evolved to harmonise and modernise the design, making the Range Rover Sport look more dynamic without changing its character.
At the front, the striking new design is enabled by intelligent Pixel-laser LED headlights, sitting alongside a redesigned grille. This is complemented by a new bumper with a more aggressive profile.
Inside the cabin the new Touch Pro Duo infotainment system, called ‘Blade’ by its developers, is the most advanced ever created by Jaguar Land Rover and is truly state-of-the-art. Two high-definition 10-inch touchscreens form the centrepiece of the minimalist cabin, blending a futuristic, elegant feel with an intuitive, engaging interface and unrivalled functionality.
In-car connectivity is enhanced with up to 14 power points, including a domestic plug socket to keep laptops and other devices topped up. The introduction of the Jaguar Land Rover Activity Key also brings new levels of convenience to the Range Rover Sport, allowing customers to lock and unlock their vehicle without the need to carry a key fob – ideal for outdoor pursuits.
The new Range Rover Sport has been enhanced with further technologies for greater comfort and convenience:
- Gesture sunblind: opened and closed by an advanced gesture control system that senses an occupant’s hand movement. All it takes to open the blind is a rearward swipe in front of the rear view mirror, and forwards to close
- Advanced Tow Assist: takes care of the difficult counter-steering required to position trailers accurately when reversing. The driver can simply guide the trailer into the desired space using the rotary controller for the Terrain Response 2 system
- Pixel-laser LED headlights: advanced technology provides greater luminance and intelligently blanks sections of LEDs to avoid dazzling oncoming drivers
Those looking for the ultimate performance SUV will relish the potent new SVR derivative, which takes the Range Rover Sport into new territory. Power is up to 575PS, delivering the 0-100km/h sprint only in 4.5 seconds (0-60mph in 4.3 seconds), while bold design revisions and the increased use of carbon fibre construction make the new Range Rover Sport SVR more dramatic, faster and more agile than before.
Designed and engineered by Jaguar Land Rover in the UK, the new Range Rover Sport will be produced at the company’s Solihull production facility and is available to order now with first deliveries from early 2018
*Market specific, please check with your local Land Rover retailer for more details
About Land Rover MENA:
Since 1948 Land Rover has been manufacturing authentic 4x4s that represent true ‘breadth of capability’ across the model range. Defender, Discovery, Discovery Sport, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Velar and Range Rover Evoque each define the world’s SUV sectors, with 80 per cent of this model range exported to over100 countries