Epson’s new entry-level scanner protects originals
and detects double-feeding, at an affordable price
The DS-410 scanner is the innovative choice for users from large companies to home offices
Dubai – UAE; 8th November 2017: Epson announces the DS-410 scanner, which offers outstanding productivity features at an affordable price. This makes it ideal for small or home-office users looking to buy a feature-packed business scanner, as well as IT departments that want to equip desktop scanner fleets and stay within budget.
The DS-410 provides a range of invaluable productivity features including double feed detection and paper protection technology to make sure originals are protected and every page is scanned. A set of advanced LED sensors detects when two pieces of paper have been picked at once, instantly stopping the machine and alerting the user. Meanwhile paper protection helps prevent misfeeds and damage by stopping automatically when the device detects stapled or skewed documents.
The DS-410 is bundled with Epson’s new Document Capture Pro 2.0 software, which offers a simple but powerful software solution for scanning, separating and routing documents throughout a business. As well as helping automate business processes, the software provides advanced image enhancement and automatic file-naming. Document Capture Pro 2.0 will be bundled with all new Epson scanners, and is compatible with most existing scanning products.
Jason Whiley, director of sales, Epson Middle East, says, “Lots of businesses are looking for an affordable scanner they can buy in bulk and put in every office, just as many home-workers want a capable, compact scanner that will cover all the basic scanning duties. The DS-410 does that, quickly and efficiently, and offers a host of extra productivity features to boot. And when it’s twinned with our versatile new Document Capture Pro 2.0 software, it makes for a truly time-saving package.”
- Affordable, versatile business scanner with a range of great productivity features
- Robust design and compact size for even the most compact office spaces
- Automatic feed mode means you can just insert sheets and the scanner will begin
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Document Capture Pro 2.0 software and Epson Scan 2.0 software for seamless operation
- Double-feed Detection ensures that important documents will always get scanned by image or length
- Paper protection technology stops the scanner in the event of a misfeed
- Scanning speed: 26ppm/52ipm
- Can handle paper weights from 50g/m² to 209g/m²
- 50-sheet automatic document feeder
- Manual A3 mode automatically stitches document back together without need for a carrier sheet
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface
- Long paper mode can handle paper sizes up to 215.9mm x 3048mm
- 3,000 scans per day duty cycle
- Launch edition offers five-year warranty as Epson’s guarantee of durability
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 80,000 employees in 86 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
About Epson Middle East:
Epson Middle East oversees Epson’s operations in the Middle East markets, in close coordination with Epson Europe. Headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Epson Middle East works closely with a network of resellers and distributors across Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Syria and Yemen, ensuring the availability of its wide, technologically-advanced product range to businesses and consumers in the region. http://www.epson.ae/
Environmental Vision 2050