Rocco Forte Hotels is a collection of 11 individual hotels and resorts established by Sir Rocco Forte and sister, Olga Polizzi in 1996, All of the hotels are landmarks, both old and new, occupying magnificent buildings in exceptional locations. Led by a family who has been in hospitality for four generations, the hotels are united by their distinctive approach to service ensuring guests experience the best of the cities and surrounding areas.
The Balmoral Hotel, a luxury five-stay property and landmark in Edinburgh, Scotland, is located in the most prestigious address – No.1 Princes Street. Its significant location, breath-taking views, warm hospitality and world-class facilities make The Balmoral the ideal hotel for a perfect getaway.
Reasons to Visit Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Castle – historic fortress, positioned on the Castle Rock which dominates the skyline of Edinburgh
- Holyrood Palace – official residence of the British monarch in Scotland
- National Museum of Scotland – it was formed in 2006 with collections relating to Scottish antiquities, culture and history
- Scottish National Gallery – located in central Edinburgh near Princes Street. Scotland’s national collection of fine Scottish and International art from the beginning of the Renaissance up to the start of the 20th century
- Edinburgh Festival – Edinburgh is the world’s leading festival city, with a range of major annual festivals bringing talents from more than a third of the world’s countries to its streets and stages
- Harry Potter’s Birthplace – Edinburgh is sacred ground to Hogwarts fans and the place where Harry Potter evolved
Emirates Daily Service to Edinburgh
Emirates Airlines, the largest international airline in the world, officially announced the start of its daily service between Dubai and Scotland’s capital city, Edinburgh, on 1 October 2018. Edinburgh will become Emirates’ second destination in Scotland after Glasgow, increasing capacity due to growing demand
Many hotels claim to have landmarks on their doorstep, few can say their doorstep is a landmark. The Balmoral is a grand railway hotel located at Edinburgh’s most prestigious address, No 1 Princes Street. The Balmoral offers 188 opulent suites and contemporary rooms. Excellent cuisine is guaranteed in the Michelin-starred Number One restaurant.
- Instagram: @thebalmoral
- Twitter: @The_Balmoral
- Facebook: BalmoralEdinburgh
Rocco Forte Hotels
Rocco Forte Hotels comprises: Hotel de Russie, Rome; Hotel Savoy, Florence; Verdura Resort, Sicily; The Balmoral, Edinburgh; Brown’s Hotel, London; The Charles Hotel, Munich; Villa Kennedy, Frankfurt; Hotel de Rome, Berlin; Hotel Amigo, Brussels; Hotel Astoria, St Petersburg; Assila Hotel, Jeddah. Future openings: Rome in 2019, Shanghai in 2019