When Roger Dubuis and Lamborghini Squadra Corse joined hands in an epoch making partnership, it hit the rarefied echelons of the worlds of high-performance motorsport and haute horology like a proverbial bolt from the blue! It was the start of a new chapter for the two brands, both of whom enjoy reputations of being leaders in innovation, revolutionary new technology and the ultimate in customer experience.
The junction was clearly inevitable. While motorsports and watchmaking have long since discovered various affinities, the story of Roger Dubuis and Lamborghini Squadra Corse is a case of irresistible mutual attraction stemming from a shared focus on aesthetics in their respective R&D driven approaches.
The stunning result of this high-octane partnership came in the form of a new calibre inspired by the Aventador S engine; the Swiss Maison released the Limited Edition Aventador S model, which immediately had luxury watch aficionados in thrall.
Making its first appearance of the year at the Qatar Show in the Qatari capital and carrying the same DNA as its predecessor is the stunning Aventador S Blue.
Offering yet another stunning example of highly complicated watchmaking inspired by the automotive world, the Roger Dubuis/Lamborghini Squadra Corse partnership has led to the creati0n of the 45 mm Excalibur Aventador S Blue.
Driven by the passion for cutting-edge technological complexity shared by Roger Dubuis and Lamborghini Squadra Corse, this ultra-high performance timepiece lives up to the partnership’s “Powered by Raging Mechanics” signature. It is propelled by the specially developed and impressive Duotor (double balance wheels) concept in a much revamped 312-part RD103SQ movement.
This calibre is notably distinguished by engine strut bars revisiting the iconic Roger Dubuis Astral Skeleton principle, striking an astounding contrast with the rest of the movement, as if the engine ‘hood’ were transparent. Recalling the performance-enhancing longitudinal placement of Lamborghini engines tailored to the design of the sleek, streamlined cars, the double balance wheel is inclined at a similar angle, supported and highlighted by holders shaped like triangular wheel suspension assemblies. This exclusive Roger Dubuis movement embodies an ongoing evolution of the Maison’s impressive expertise, entirely reinterpreted to suit this proud automobile alliance.
Akin to its 2017 eight-piece limited edition “Arancio Argos” predecessor, the highly exclusive Excalibur Adventador S Blue is crafted from the same C-SMC carbon as that used on the actual Lamborghini cars. As the ultimate indication of its royal bloodline, it offers a true-blue experience with a black and Neptune blue bi-material strap, blue rubber over-moulding on the case and crown, and blue markings on the fluted carbon bezel.
Excalibur Aventador S
- CASE Skeletonized Excalibur Spider case, Ø45 mm, C-SMC carbon case with titanium container over molded with blue rubber, fluted C-SMC carbon bezel with blue markings, titanium black DLC crown over molded with blue rubber. Sapphire crystal glass with anti-reflective treatment. Black DLC Titanium and sapphire crystal case back.
- THICKNESS 14.05 mm
- DIAL Skeleton dial with C-SMC carbon, black and red flange, rhodium plated indexes filled with white luminous SLN, 18K black PVD coated gold hands with red transfers and white luminous SLN tips, black PVD coated second’s hand.
- WATER RESISTANCE 5 BAR (50 m)
- STRAP Bi material strap with black rubber base and Neptune blue inlay, red stitching. Quick release system for easy interchangeability.
- CLASP Titanium black DLC, adjustable folding buckle
- CALIBRE Skeleton double sprung balances RD103SQ calibre
- PRODUCTION 88 pieces
- CERTIFICATION Poinçon de Genève
- RD103SQ Caliber: skeleton double sprung balances
- Features: Hand-wound mechanical calibre, double sprung balances, finely adjusted in six positions.
- Functions: Hours and Minutes, jumping second, power reserve indicator.
- Decorations: Poinçon de Genève certified finishings
- Number of parts: 313 components
- Jewels: 48
- Diameter: 16“`
- Thickness: 7.80
- Frequency: 2X4Hz (57’600 vph)
- Power reserve: 40 hours
- About Roger Dubuis
Roger Dubuis has been at the forefront of contemporary Haute Horlogerie since 1995. Its audacious creations, firmly anchored in the 21st century, embody substantial expertise expressed through the finest watchmaking mechanisms combined with powerful and daring designs. Boldness and extravagance are the brand’s signatures, and determination its driving force.
The Roger Dubuis Excalibur and Velvet collections are distributed worldwide through an exclusive sales network and boutiques. The quest for excellence, the long search for the right gesture, as well as the development of unique skills are all defining characteristics of the Geneva-based Swiss Maison.