Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sleep Expo Middle East, the only event of its kind in theregion dedicated to the booming sleep market, has announced the launch of a brand-new award aimed at recognising exemplary accomplishments amongst players in the industry.As the first-ever accolade program for the difference makers in the sleep business community, the Sleep Expo Awards will honor the best and the brightest mattress manufacturers, bed retailers and hotels in the Middle East and Africa.
“There has been a massive growth in the region’s sleep market over the past years and with positive predictions ahead, it’s an opportune time to create a new initiative that will celebrate the sector’s hard work and dedication. The Sleep Expo Awards aims to recognize businesses and products that exemplify the highest level of value and/or service for the betterment of the industry. More importantly though, I believe the Sleep Expo Awards will give fresh impetus to the industry, pushing mattress manufacturers, sleep tech innovators and relevant suppliers to strive further and continue to make a positive contribution to achieve sustained growth in the industry,” said Taher Patrawala, Director, Media Fusion, organizer for Sleep Expo ME.
The Sleep Expo Awards features five categories, with each category having a winner and a runner-up. These are:
- Bed of the Year– this award will recognize the manufacturer with the best mattress/bed launched within 2019-2020 in the region.
- Accessory/Product of the Year– a recognition for the best product/accessory of 2019-2020. This may include headboards, toppers, pillows, duvets or any other bed component that adds real value to the sleeping environment.
- Sustainability Award (Machines/Raw Material)– An honor that will be bestowed on the most sustainable raw material/machine in the bed industry.
- Bed Retailer of the Year– this will be conferred on a brand/company that deals with bed retail and which stands out in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Best Good Night Sleep Award (Hospitality) – this award recognises the top hotel that offers the best quality sleep experience to their guests.
Those wishing to enter the inaugural awards can start submitting their nominations online at www.sleepexpome.com/sleepexpo-awards. The nomination process will close on December 17 2019. An independent panel of judges with distinguished backgrounds will assess the entries to decide the winners.
The Sleep Expo Awards ceremonies will be hosted on 11th February 2020 at the Dubai World Trade, capping the second edition of the three-day Sleep Expo Middle East, which will run from 9 to 11 February 2020 at Hall 4 of the DWTC.