Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 21 April 2020: Holy Month of Ramadan shortly begins and it’s very important to be prepared, Ms Archana Baju the Clinical Dietician at Burjeel Hospital Abu Dhabi say: “A healthy diet helps to maintain and improve overall health. Proper Nutrition and hydration is essential. People who follow a healthy balanced diet plan have stronger immune system and stay healthy during the fasting period”.
- Eat fresh foods everyday which includes fruits, vegetables, legumes, lentils, whole grains (wheat, Brown rice, Oats, Corn, Quinoa) , milk products and lean protein choices (egg, chicken, fish meat)
- Avoid all processed foods, packed foods loaded with salt and sugar
- Balanced Diet can help for a better immune system. Include lot of fruits and vegetables rich in Vitamin B, C, E, A and D. Like Orange, Lemon, Kiwi, Strawberry, Mango, Guava, Broccoli, Green leafy Vegetables, Mushrooms, Peppers, Tomatoes, Pumpkin, Carrot, Sweet Potato, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Nuts, Seeds fortified cereals and etc
- Replace fried foods and sugary desserts with healthy alternatives. Adapt healthy cooking methods like steam, poach, Bake, sauté, Stir-fry etc
- Use minimal salt for cooking and instead add herbs, spices, lemon, garlic and other seasonings
- Trim off the visible fat from the meat, skinless chicken is best opted. Include good protein choices for Iftaar and Suhoor. Protein rich foods fill the appetite.
- Don’t overcook the veggies- as they tend to lose the nutrients, color and flavor
- Drink lots of water. Apart choose low fat dairy (Milk, Laban, Yogurt, fresh juices (no added sugars), coconut water, herbal teas and soups for hydration
- Snack on fresh fruits, veggie salads, Nuts
- Stay active – whatever and whenever possible at home. Small walks, climbing stairs, Stretches or any fitness activities
Self-Control and Self Discipline is mandatory.
Stay Healthy and Safe!!
- Follow a balanced Diet
- Mindful Eating
- Eat Fresh
- Hydrate enough
- Regular physical activity
- Sound Sleep
- Avoid Smoking
About Burjeel Hospital Abu Dhabi:
Burjeel Hospital is Abu Dhabi’s premier private healthcare facility providing world-class, specialized and superior healthcare complemented by a warm and personalized human touch to the growing population of the emirate of Abu Dhabi.
A unit of the VPS Healthcare, Burjeel Hospital opened for patients in April 2012 as a Tertiary hospital under the auspices of the Health Authority for Abu Dhabi. At the core of the organization is a team of exceptionally skilled and highly experienced health professionals, collaborating as multidisciplinary teams with Guests and their families as the main focus, to provide the best healthcare experience.
Burjeel Hospital received the prestigious Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation in June 2013 – 15 months after starting operations. Currently, the hospital is affiliated with some of the world’s best healthcare institutions for its center of excellence and is now becoming a renowned center of referral for Cardiovascular, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Reproductive Medicine and many more specialties handling complex laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgeries.
The hospital has full-fledged pharmacy, laboratory, and radiology units to serve Guests at any time of the day. Burjeel also houses a restaurant and a coffee shop, serving the finest and healthiest cuisines from across the world. Combining all-round specialization and expertise with most advanced technology, Burjeel offers the best in diagnostic, curative, as well as preventive aspects of healthcare.