Mr Chandrasekaran, Chairman of Tata Sons, Tata Motors and Jaguar Land Rover plc would like to announce that Mr Thierry Bolloré has been appointed to the role of Chief Executive Officer of Jaguar Land Rover, effective 10 September 2020.
Mr Chandrasekaran said: “I am delighted to welcome Thierry to Jaguar Land Rover. An established global business leader with a proven track record of implementing complex transformations, Thierry will bring a wealth of experience to one of the most revered positions in the industry.”
Mr Bolloré has extensive expertise in the automotive business, most recently as CEO of Groupe Renault and previously in senior positions at global automotive supplier Faurecia.
Commenting on his appointment, Mr Bolloré said: “Jaguar Land Rover is known around the world for its peerless brand heritage, exquisite design and deep engineering integrity. It will be my privilege to lead this fantastic company through what continues to be the most testing time of our generation.
“Renowned for their passion and spirit, the people of Jaguar Land Rover are the driving force behind its success. I couldn’t be more excited to join the team continuing to shape the future of this iconic company.”
Mr Bolloré succeeds Prof Sir Ralf Speth, who will take up the previously announced position of Non-Executive Vice Chairman of Jaguar Land Rover plc.
Mr Chandrasekaran added: “I want to thank Ralf for a decade of outstanding vision and leadership for Jaguar Land Rover and welcome him to his new Non-Executive position in addition to his existing role on the board of Tata Sons.”
Jaguar Land Rover is a global automotive manufacturer and leading technology company, proudly built around two iconic British car brands: Jaguar and Land Rover. The business is dedicated to providing experiences people love, for life, with a mission of shaping the future of mobility towards Destination Zero; a world of zero emissions, zero accidents and zero congestion.
About Jaguar Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover is the UK’s largest automotive manufacturer, built around two iconic British car brands. Land Rover is the world’s leading manufacturer of premium all-wheel-drive vehicles. Jaguar is one of the world’s premier luxury marques, as well as being the first ever brand to offer a premium all-electric performance SUV, the Jaguar I-PACE.
- At Jaguar Land Rover we are driven by a desire to deliver class-leading vehicles, providing experiences people love, for life. Our products are in demand around the globe and in 2019 we sold 557,706 vehicles in 127 countries.
- At heart we are a British company, with two major design and engineering sites, three vehicle manufacturing facilities, an Engine Manufacturing Centre and soon to be opened Battery Assembly Centre. We also have vehicle plants in China, Brazil, India, Austria and Slovakia. Three of our seven technology hubs are in the UK – Manchester, Warwick (NAIC) and London – with additional sites in Shannon, Ireland, Portland, USA, Budapest, Hungary and Changshu, China.
- We have a growing portfolio of electrified products across our model range, embracing fully electric, plug-in hybrid and mild-hybrid vehicles, as well as continuing to offer the latest diesel and petrol engines, giving our customers even more choice.
- We are confident that our comprehensive strategy, exciting pipeline of market-leading vehicles and innovative approach to technology and mobility will see us continue to progress towards Destination Zero, our mission to shape future mobility with zero emissions, zero accidents and zero congestion.
- Based in Dubai, Jaguar Land Rover MENA is responsible for the provision of region-wide support to 18 markets and 44 dealerships, with strategic actions planned to further strengthen the regional dealer network MENA office supports.
- Engineering Vehicle Testing Centre operates in Dubai, with a dedicated Jaguar Land Rover Training Academy that is the first of its kind in the region.
- A dedicated Jaguar Land Rover parts distribution centre is open in Jebel Ali Free Zone to service the entire region.