Dubai, 12th October 2020 – Aloft City Center Deira is delighted to announce its support of #PINKtober, in association with the Al Jalila Foundation. During October, this quirky and family-friendly hotel invites guests and local residents to celebrate women, whilst raising awareness about one of the most common cancers among women today, breast cancer.
With a primarily female team at the Aloft City Center Deira, shining a light on breast cancer is a cause close to their hearts. General Manager Gurnoor Bindra comments: “We are delighted to partner with the Al Jalila Foundation throughout the month of October to support the female warriors who are still fighting, celebrate the survivors and remember those who were taken from us too soon.”
Celebrations for PINKtober include a special bake-sale on Sunday, 18th October, selling specialty Pink Donuts for AED10, representing an easy yet delicious way to support an important cause whilst giving back to the community.
Aloft City Center Deira also invites families to participate in the Wellness Day on Friday, October 23rd. Highlights will include relaxing hatha yoga sessions for adults and kids, as according to research conducted by John Hopkins University, exercise and yoga are said to significantly reduce the chances of getting breast cancer. For those unable to attend the Wellness Day in person, the sessions will be streamed online via Zoom.
All proceeds will be donated to the Al Jalila #PINKtober campaign to help increase awareness around the importance of early detection of breast cancer, furthering patient support with medical treatment and investing in local breast cancer research.
Sunday October 18th
Pink Donut Day: Priced at AED10
Friday October 23rd
Wellness Day: Tickets at AED50
- Adult hatha yoga session timings: 8:30 – 9:30 and 10am – 11am
- Kids hatha yoga session timings: 11:20am – 12pm (ages 7 – 11)
- Registrations can be done online before October 22nd
- Registration link: http://bit.ly/pinkaloft
About #PINKTober Campaign
- The #PINKtober campaign will see every hotel in Marriott International’s portfolio in the UAE host a variety of activities from pink-themed brunches, afternoon teas and tasting menus to bake sales, raffles, fitness activities and complimentary screenings. Each participating venue will collectively donate a portion of the proceeds from the #PINKtober campaign to Al Jalila Foundation in partnership with ‘Brest Friends’.
- The month-long schedule of events can be viewed on Marriott’s dedicated dining platform https://www.morecravings.com/offers/pink-october
- The Pink October campaign and support of Al Jalila’s ‘Brest Friend’ program falls under Marriott International’s Sustainability and Social Impact Platform, Serve 360: “Doing Good in Every Direction”, which guides how the company makes a positive and sustainable impact wherever it does business
About Aloft Hotels
With over 160 hotels now open in 25 countries and territories around the world, Aloft Hotels, part of Marriott International, Inc., delivers a fresh approach to the traditional staid hotel landscape. For the ‘always on’ next generation of traveller, the Aloft brand offers a tech-forward, vibrant experience and a modern style that is different by design. For more information, please visit www.alofthotels.com and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Aloft is proud to participate in Marriott Bonvoy, the new name of Marriott’s travel program replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz- Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG). The program offers members an extraordinary portfolio of global brands, experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments and unparalleled benefits including earning points toward free hotel stays and nights toward Elite status recognition.
About Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties in 30 leading hotel brands spanning 132 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook and @MarriottIntl on Twitter and Instagram.