- New offering provides the very latest curated fashion, Art, fitness, beauty and grooming experiences as well as a range of services
- The pioneering concept store will soon offer homegrown dining options and specialty coffee café
Majid Al Futtaim, the leading shopping mall, communities, retail, and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia, has launched its first-ever concept destination, THAT. The beautifully curated space in Mall of the Emirates takes millennials and young-at-heart culture seekers on a complete lifestyle journey. THAT explores the very best in the world of fashion, fine Jewellery, home, beauty, grooming, fitness, art and soon dining. The new flagship store follows the successful launch of THAT Concept Store APP in June 2020 and THAT store in City Centre Mirdif.
The multi-brand homegrown concept goes above and beyond the transactional retail of traditional bricks and mortar stores, giving access to an immersive world of interactive experiences and services that reflect the passions and preferences of modern shoppers. Located on the ground and first floor of the mall in Via Rodeo, THAT is a one-stop-destination of luxury experience; one that presents countless opportunities to be inspired and enriched.
Besides the coveted selection of established brands and emerging designers, THAT offers a fitness studio in collaboration with BARE fitness, a world-class range of beauty and wellness services, an art and culture space, multiple services and soon to follow an appetising selection of eateries built to inspire. Inaugurating the everchanging art and culture space is Ayyam gallery; a leading arts organisation that manages the careers of diverse established and emerging artists.
With a firm focus on designer and contemporary brands, THAT invites design connoisseurs to discover curated edits from over 150 international and regional designers that are hard to get your hands on in the Middle East. These include; JW Anderson, Simone Rocha, Thom Browne, Marni, Bil Arabi, Mad Paris, Azza Fahmy and Tom Dixon to name a few. THAT also offers exclusive brands in the UAE such as Ivan Grundahl, N21, Irene Is Good, La Haine Inside us and Opening Ceremony.
Guests can visit THAT BEAUTY — THAT’s very own beauty hub — for a first-class grooming service or beauty treatments; in the form of a haircut, blow dry, massage or scrub. The concept also houses a nail bar, aptly named NAIL THAT; and a brow bar called SHAPE THAT. For men, a designated barber shop, THAT BARBER, is also available.
Fitness fanatics and guests looking to get in shape can work up a sweat at THAT FITNESS by BARE: the only fitness studio in Mall of the Emirates. THAT FITNESS hosts high and low intensity training classes and opens every day at 6.30 AM.
“THAT Concept Store adds a completely new experiential retail offering to the Middle East market. THAT goes above and beyond the traditional brick and mortar experience; bridging fashion and leading-edge technology to offer a satisfying and responsive service like no other. This is an unmissable opportunity for artists, designers and local talent to express themselves through the many activities and events that we will be hosting.” — Fahed Ghanim, Chief Executive Officer, Majid Al Futtaim — Lifestyle
“We are delighted to introduce THAT concept store in the heart of Mall of the Emirates: a one-of-a-kind destination that is set to revolutionise the future of retail in the UAE and the Middle East through its immersive concept of experiential activations and rotating calendar of installations and events. We’re proud of the role Majid Al Futtaim is playing in pioneering such unique experiences, as we continue to be a leader for retail innovation.” — Shireen El Khatib, Chief Executive Officer, Majid Al Futtaim — Shopping Malls
The concept store has implemented a wide variety of innovative digital elements to make shoppers’ purchasing experiences more exciting and seamless than ever. Fitting rooms, replete with smart digital mirrors, allow shoppers to request another size or colour of any given item they try, and also suggest styling options to complete the look.
Shoppers looking to access the latest drops and exclusive brands can download and explore THAT Concept Store APP
Other services available at THAT include:
- Fix THAT by Mavi Shoetique – a shoe and handbag repair spa, with footwear and bag repair specialists on-hand to amend anything from sneakers to evening clutch bags, and share their expertise to ensure customers’ shoes and bags — no matter their condition — are not just fit but enjoyable to wear.
- THAT’s Yours by Ingrave-It also offers shoppers the option of personalising any piece of clothing and accessories, while THAT CLEAN by The Natural Laundry Company provides guests access to its premium eco-friendly laundry and dry clean services. THAT’s 360-degree approach to fashion retailing is also compromised of alterations services — courtesy of Retouched by THAT — a personal shopping programme on demand —THAT At Your Service — and a click & collect offering; covering all style bases.
- Azza Fahmy shop-in-shop; the famous Egyptian design house adding even more gloss and lustre to THAT’s diverse luxury range with the brand’s twinkling selection of fist-class jewellery.
- Wrap THAT, a gift wrapping station where shoppers can personalise presents purchased for friends and loved ones — with free and paid options available.
- Art & Culture space, launching in collaboration with Ayyam Gallery: a visually stunning space dedicated to the region’s most gifted artists and creatives. The space will exhibit these creatives’ work, showcasing the beauty and sophistication of the UAE and Middle East’s thriving art scene.
- THAT will also host and collaborate with local DJs all year-round to put on a series of enthralling shows; further enlivening the concept’s one-of-a-kind guest experience.
About Majid Al Futtaim
Founded in 1992, Majid Al Futtaim is the leading shopping mall, communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
A remarkable business success story, Majid Al Futtaim started from one man’s vision to transform the face of shopping, entertainment and leisure to ‘create great moments for everyone, every day’. It has since grown into one of the United Arab Emirates’ most respected and successful businesses spanning 16 international markets, employing more than 43,000 people, and obtaining the highest credit rating (BBB) among privately-held corporates in the region.
Majid Al Futtaim owns and operates 27 shopping malls, 13 hotels and four mixed-use communities, with further developments underway in the region. The shopping malls portfolio includes Mall of the Emirates, Mall of Egypt, City Centre malls, My City Centre neighbourhood centres, and five community malls which are in joint venture with the Government of Sharjah. The Company is the exclusive franchisee for Carrefour in a number of markets across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, operating a portfolio of more than 300 outlets and an online store.
Majid Al Futtaim operates more than 500 VOX Cinemas screens and 34 Magic Planet family entertainment centres across the region, in addition to iconic leisure and entertainment facilities such as Ski Dubai, iFly Dubai, Dreamscape and Ski Egypt, among others. The Company is parent to the consumer finance company ‘Najm’, and a Fashion, Home and Specialty retail business representing international brands such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, AllSaints, lululemon athletica, Crate & Barrel, Maisons du Monde and LEGO. In addition, Majid Al Futtaim operates Enova, a facility and energy management company, through a joint venture operation with Veolia, a global leader in optimised environment resource management.